Nov 30, 2011 News
Creative Cultural Heritage (CreativeCH), funded under the Seventh Framework Programm from European Commission, “will promote cooperation and mutual innovation among organisations of Science & Technology (S&T), Cultural Heritage (CH) and Cultural and Creative Industries (CCI), and highlight the contribution of such cooperation and innovations to vital European economic, social and cultural objectives.” 
The international project will include, at regional level, a series of showcases, which will demonstrate how the cooperation of S&T, CH and CCI organisations “can help overcome barriers in the access to, and understanding of, cultural heritage.” 
At European level, the project will promote the sharing of knowledge and experiences with “an open peer-learning network, a series of workshops at major European events, and a virtual forum for students and practitioners“. 
CreativeCH began in October and it will run until September of 2014. EuroMACHS’ blog will be following further developments and soon will have more information on the project.
 – From EU website
The meeting “Games and mobile learning” will be held at University of Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal, the 26th October 2012. Paper submission is open until 31 May 2012.
For more information, please visit http://www.fpce.uc.pt/encontro.jml/
Update: New venue: Coimbra, Portugal
Nov 22, 2011 News
- Digitalkoot - Electrifying our cultural heritage
A joint project between the National Library of Finland and Microtask, “to index the library’s enormous archives so that they are searchable on the Internet.” The project created games that users can play and thus help to fix mistakes derived from the computerized text recognition.
- Crowdsourcing cultural heritage: UCL’s Transcribe Bentham project by Melissa Terras [presentation]
- Crowdsourcing in the Cultural Heritage Domain: Opportunities and Challenges by Oomen, J. & Arroyo, L. [PDF]
- AddressingHistory: challenges in crowdsourcing Edinburgh’s past [Presentation]
Nov 15, 2011 News
- Stanford’s latest iPhone and iPad apps course now free to the world on iTunes U
- iWrite Assistant [ProfHacker Column]
Nov 8, 2011 News
Nov 1, 2011 News
- First THATCamp in Switzerland (11th-12th November at University of Lausanne)
- Digital Preservation, Digital Curation, Digital Whatever: What’s the Right Term? by Bill LeFurgy
- Writing History in the Digital Age by William G. Thomas
- Data Mining and Distant Reading by Andrea Gray
- Collective intelligence: an interview with Pierre Levy by Eelke Hermens
Oct 28, 2011 Events
The X Brazilian Symposium on Computer Games and Digital Entertainment will be held at Salvador da Bahia, Brazil from 7 to 9th November 2011. The SBGames is the most important event for development and research of computer games and digital entertainment in Latin America. It is attended by scientists, artists, designers, teachers and students from colleges, research centers and from the game industry.
For more information visit http://sbgames.org/sbgames2011/index_english.html